Butternut Squash Crostini
The rich and sweet flavors of the butter nut squash are complemented with the salty pancetta and savory fried sage. A perfect appetizer for a cool fall evening.
- 4 thin slices pancetta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 sage leaves
- 2 cups diced peeled butternut squash
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 baguette slices toasted
Preparation time 25mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Cook the pancetta in a large skillet over medium high heat, turning once, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then break each piece in half.
Add the olive oil to the skillet. Add the sage and fry until crisp, about 20 seconds. Remove the sage with a slotted spoon and rain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the skillet.
Increase the heat under skillet to high. Add the squash and season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender, about 7 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook 1 more minute, then stir in the vinegar and honey. Spoon the squash mixture onto the baguette slices; top with the fried pancetta and sage.
You'll also love
- Antipasto Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Louisiana Cheese Fries with... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Grilled Greek Chicken & Zucchini 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Cranberry & Apple Cake (Ina... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Margarita Spaghetti Squash 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Cumin Flavored Peas & Carrots 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Crash Hot Sweet Potatoes 4.4/5 (11 Votes)