Philly Steak Salad
- 16 oz. flank steak, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 (8 oz.) bottle Italian style salad dressing
- 1/2 (32oz.) pkg. frozen curly style French fries
- 1 (8oz.) pkg. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 4 tomatoes quartered
- 1 (15oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (8oz.) bottle ranch style salad dressing
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
In a covered dish, spread out sliced steak, peppers and onions and pour the Italian dressing over all. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
Cook fries according to package instructions while steak is marinating.
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté steak, peppers and onions until vegetables are tender and steak juices run clear. Separate steak mixture into 8 equal portions while in the skillet, and top each portion with cheese. Cover and set aside to let cheese melt.
Arrange lettuce, tomatoes and garbanzo beans on 8 separate plates. Top each salad with 1/8 of the French fries and 1/8 of the steak mixture and serve with ranch dressing.