prosciutto chicken with baked rice
- 6 (or up to 12) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 ( or up to 12) very thin slices prosciutto ham
- 2 cans fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 lb) carton fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups regular long grain rice
- 2 cans chicken broth
- fresh parsley
Wrap each chicken breast in one slice ham. Arrange pieces in a glass baking dish. Combine soup, sour cream, milk and pepper, and pour over chicken. (At this point the dish can be refrigerated for up to 12 hours). Bake uncovered for 1 hour in 350 degree oven. You may need a little more baking time for more breasts.
In a skillet, melt butter. Stir in dry rice and saute about 5 minutes. Pour into a large casserole dish. Sprinkle with a little garlic powder. Pour broth over the top. Cover tightly and bake with chicken. When all broth is absorbed and rice is tender, remove from the oven. Fluff with a fork and add snipped fresh parsley.