Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo
- 1 Average Spaghetti squash (Cut in have lengthwise)
- 1 Organic boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup SCD yogurt
- 1 cup Provolone cheese (Shredded)
- 1 cup Sharp cheddar (white) (Shredded)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (Grated)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Onion (Diced)
- pinch Salt & Pepper
- Diced tomato or mushrooms (Cook in cheese sauce before pouring over)
1. Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Slice the squash in half lengthwise. Lay face up in a baking dish that has about an inch of water. Put in oven for 30 minutes or microwave for 10 mins.
3. Get a small pot and fill it half way with water. Bring to a boil and place chicken breast in the pot. Immediately turn heat down to a very light simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
4. Remove chicken and check to be sure juices run clear, if not return to pan. When chicken is done, set it aside and let cool.
5. In the pot you cooked the chicken, dump the water and rinse out. Put all the butter in and melt. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic, reduce heat to low, add the yogurt and all the cheese. Continue to stir so it doesn’t burn and break up clumps. It will become smooth. Add the S&P. Turn heat off.
6. Cube your chicken breast and add to cheese sauce. If you were using a variation from above, add it here as well. Stir well and return pot to low heat. Stirring occasionally.
7. When squash is done, start shredding it, to get your “spaghetti”. If it is not coming off the skin easily, it is not done. Once it is all removed from the squash skin, add it to a big bowl.
8. Take your cheese/chicken sauce and pour over the “spaghetti”, mix well, serve!
You'll also love
- Cheesy Onion Casserole 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Shrimp Appetizer 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Smothered Pecan-Encrusted Chicken... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Onion 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash with sauted... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken & Spaghetti Squash 5/5 (1 Votes)