Mixed Beet Salad with Basil
Simple, elegant, and earthy. Served room-temperature or cold, this salad is delicious!
- 1/2 pounds mixed beets, peeled and diced (Chioggia, golden, white, red etc.)
- 2 cups mixed basil, chopped (Violetta, Genovese, Cinnamon etc.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons unrefined extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar
Adapted from webmd.com
Steam peeled and diced beets over rapidly boiling water until they become tender, about five to six minutes or so. If using multiple varieties, note that the red beets will stain the other varieties so you may wish to steam them separately.
Once tender, immediately plunge the steamed beets into a bowl of ice water, allowing them to chill until cold to the touch.
Drain the beets, patting them dry with a cotton kitchen towel as needed.
Combine the drained beets with chopped basil and minced garlic.
Dress with vinegar and olive oil.
You'll also love
- Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies Jalapeno... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crockpot Seafood Cheese Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Carrot Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Arizona Sunshine Lemon Pie 3.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Best Honey Cornbread 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Christmas Casserole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Feta Stuffed Fig Glazed Lamb... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Banana Pudding... 4/5 (4 Votes)