Prime Rib (Emerils)
- standing rib roast (4 1/2 to 5 pounds)
- 16 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence (available in stores or make your own)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 1/2 tbsp. sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. Cayenne
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Rinse the roast under cold running water, pat dry, and put it in a small, heavy roasting pan, bone-side down. With a small, sharp knife, make sixteen 1/2-inch deep slits across the meaty side of the roast. Insert 1 garlic clove into each slit, pressing it into the meat. Pinch with your thumb and index finger to close the opening.
Combine the chopped thyme, the salt, Essence and black pepper in a small bowl. Slowly add the oil and stir to make a paste. Rub the paste on each side of the roast and place the thyme sprigs under the roast. Roast for 1 hour. Remove from the oven, and turn. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees. and continue roasting for 45 minutes for medium rare, and 1 hour for medium.
Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 15 minutes before carving.
You'll also love
- Chicken & Shrimp Marsala 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Applesauce Date Nut Bread 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Smoked Pork Tenderloin with Smoked... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Parsnip, Bacon and Apple Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin and King... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chipped Beef Cheese Ball (Aimee's... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Prime Rib with Fresh Garlic and... 0/5 (0 Votes)