- 1 - 3 " thick boneless sirloin steak (3-4 lb.)
- 3 tbs. butter, melted; 1 cup bottled chili sauce
- 3 tbs. Worcestershire sauce; 1/4 cup chopped onion
- MUSHROOM SAUCE: 1 lb. mushrooms, wiped, trimmed & sliced
- 2 tbs. butter; 1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup bottled chili sauce; 1 cup heavy cream
Preheat the oven to 450. Put the steak in an ovenproof skillet and sear on all sides over high heat or under the broiler. Combine the butter, chili sauce, Worcestershire & onion & pour over the steak. Bake uncovered 45 minutes for rare, or to desired degree of doneness. Let the steak stand 2 minutes, then slice & serve with mushroom sauce.
FOR MUSHROOM SAUCE: While the steak is baking, saute the mushrooms in the butter about 2 minutes, until lightly browned. Add the Worcestershire, chili sauce & cream. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.