Pumpkin Coffee Cake
A delicious multi-layered coffee cake full of warm fall flavors.
- Batter Ingredients -
- 2 C whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 C butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 C unflavored Greek yogurt
- Pumpkin Pie Filling Ingredients -
- 3 C pumpkin puree
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Streusel Ingredients -
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or any fall nut you desire)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 85mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13" glass baking dish.
2. Batter Directions -
2a. Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
2b. Cream the butter and sugar in another bowl.
2c. Mix the vanilla extract and eggs into the butter and sugar.
2d. Mix 1/2 the dry ingredients into the wet followed by 1/2 of the Greek yogurt and repeat.
3. Pumpkin Pie Filling Directions -
3a. Mix the pumpkin puree, egg, sugar and spices in a medium bowl, set aside.
4. Streusel Directions -
4a. Mix the flour, rolled oats, cinnamon and butter until they form crumbs. Mix the pecans into the crumb mixture.
5. Put everything together -
5a. Pour half of the batter into the greased 9x13" baking dish.
5b. Sprinkle half of the streusel topping.
5c. Pour all of the pumpkin pie filling and spread evenly.
5d. Pour the last half of the batter.
5e. Cover with the remaining streusel mixture.
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick put in the middle comes out clean. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.