- For the Vanilla syrup:
- Caramel Macchiato Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup fresh espresso
- 1 cup milk, steamed and frothy with foam
- 3 – 4 tablespoons caramel sauce (I used the same jarred caramel sauce that is sold as an ice cream topping)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. To make the vanilla syrup, combine sugar and water in a sauce pan. Bring to boil over high heat and boil for 5 minutes. Let cool and add vanilla extract. Stir well and keep in a sealed container, refrigerated.
2. To make coffee, either use an espresso machine to make coffee and steam milk, or heat milk until hot, but not boiling on stove-top and transfer to a blender. Blend until frothy. For espresso, if you don’t have a machine, just make double strength coffee.
3. Add vanilla syrup, espresso or strong coffee and hot milk to mug. Add caramel sauce and serve.