Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli - Ina Garten
Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten.
- 4 to 5 pounds broccoli
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- Good olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves (about 12 leaves)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of stalk attached to the florets, discarding the rest of the stalks.
3. Cut the larger pieces through the base of the head with a small knife, pulling the florets apart. You should have about 8 cups of florets.
4. Place the broccoli florets on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer.
5. Toss the garlic on the broccoli and drizzle with 5 tablespoons olive oil.
6. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
7. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
8. Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, Parmesan, and basil.
9. Serve hot.