Bacon Cheese Potatoes (Slow Cooked)
Like most folk in the South, we like our potatoes. We like em just about any way you want to fix em. The really good thing about potatoes, they can be cooked and used in many ways! Here is a goodie!
- 1/4 pound bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions (optional)
Adapted from backroadsliving.com
1. Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished.
2. Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste and dot with butter.
3. Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
4. Cover with remaining foil.
5. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.
Make this recipe bigger if you are expecting company. Great to serve for a brunch!
1. You can do them in the oven: If you would like to make these in the oven — 400 degrees for an hour in a 9 x 13 baking dish, covered
2. The bacon does not need to be precooked but if you would like to do that, that’s okay as well. I would suggest partially cooking them if you do that.
3. The foil is strictly for clean up purposes. You can leave it out, or use crock pot liners.
4. The potatoes in the picture smaller potatoes than the recipe calls for.
5. 10-12 hours on LOW is a long time, and you might want to check your crock pot around 8 hours as cooking times vary from crock pot to crock pot depending on size.
6.You can use turkey bacon, change the cheeses, or add or omit any other item you would like or don’t like. Recipes are made to adapt to your personal tastes, always.