Pear & Apple Crumble
Apple and pears are traditional fall fruits, but this crisp is delicious any time of year! Serve with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large Gala or Golden Delicious apples
- 3 large ripe but firm pears
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 375°F.
In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and apple pie spice. Cut in 1/2 cup butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture looks like rolled oats. Stir in 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and the brown sugar; set aside.
Peel and core apples. Cut into quarters, then cut each quarter crosswise in half. Repeat with pears.
In 4-quart Dutch oven, combine 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted; stir in apples. Partly cover; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add pears; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes, depending on ripeness of pears.
In small bowl, mix remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, the cornstarch and cinnamon; add to fruit mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Spoon fruit mixture into ungreased 9 1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie plate. Spoon topping evenly over fruit. Place pie plate on cookie sheet.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbly. Serve warm or cool.
You'll also love
- Bacon and Leek Tart 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Broccoli Quiche 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Banana Macadamia Nut Bread 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Banana Oatmeal Cookie 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Bacon, Apple Raspberry Vinaigrette... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Deep-Fried Cheesecake Bites 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chocolate-Cinnamon Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)