Pulled Pork/Martha Stewart
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3-pound boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
- Tangy Red Cabbage, for serving (see above; optional)
- 6 crusty white rolls, split in half horizontally
n a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, stir together 1/2 cup ketchup, sugar, garlic, sage, oregano, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cut pork in half lengthwise; add to slow cooker, turning to coat. Cover, and cook on low until meat is very tender and falling apart, about 8 hours (or on high for 6 hours). Meanwhile, prepare Tangy Red Cabbage, if desired.
Transfer pork to a large bowl. Using a large spoon, skim off and discard any fat from surface of cooking liquid. With two forks, pull meat apart until shredded. Pour any juices from slow cooker over pork, add remaining cup ketchup, and stir to combine; season with salt and pepper. Spoon meat onto bottom half of rolls; add red cabbage, if desired, and top of roll.