- Serves: 12 medium muffins
- 1 ripe to very ripe medium avocado, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, for tossing fruit
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups nectarines, diced
Adapted from foodfashionandfun.com
Preheat oven to 400F.
Add liners to muffin tin.
In a large mixing bowl, mash the avocado very well.
Add the granulated sugar, oil, Greek yogurt or sour cream, light brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, optional salt, and whisk to combine.
Add 1 cup flour, baking powder, and stir until just combined.
Set bowl aside.
In a small bowl, toss nectarines with 2 tablespoons flour. This is an important step. It prevents them from sinking while baking.
Gently fold the nectarines into the batter.
Divide batter evenly among cups in prepared pan.
Bake at 400F for 10 minutes.
Lower the oven temperature to 350F and bake for another 15 to 17 minutes, or until muffins are done. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing.
You'll also love
- Grilled Turkey 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Michael Symon's Turkey Cutlets... 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Vegan Antipasto Salad 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Apricot Glazed Corned Beef 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Carrot Ginger Soup with Coconut... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Pork: Paleo/Nectarine and Onion... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe