Chopped Winter Salad
A fresh Chopped Winter Salad is a great side to any meal you will have this winter! Comfort food can be healthy, even when it's cold out.
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 cups red cabbage, sliced
- 1 Fuji apple, large, halved, cored, diced
- 1 Asian pear, halved, cored, diced
- 2 Fuyu persimmons, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup hazelnut oil, sub extra-virgin olive oil if desired
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
In a large bowl, combine romaine, red cabbage, Fuji apple, Asian pear, Fuyu persimmons and pomegranate seeds; toss to mix.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and honey. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Add dressing to the salad mixture and toss to coat.
Divide salad among plates. Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts, if desired, and serve.