Roasted Tomatoes w/ Shrimp and Garlic Bread Stuffing
- 5 ounces frozen garlic bread
- 8 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 pound frozen cooked bay shrimp, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
1.Preheat the oven to 425°. Arrange the garlic bread on a baking sheet and bake until toasted; let cool.
2.Meanwhile, scoop out the tomato flesh and seeds and coarsely chop; transfer to a small bowl. In a large bowl, toss the tomato halves with 3 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange cut side up on a foil-lined baking sheet, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon basil and bake for 30 minutes.
3.Meanwhile, cut the garlic bread into cubes. Using a food processor, process into crumbs; transfer to a medium bowl.
4.In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened; season with salt and pepper. Add the tomato flesh and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring often, until heated through. Add to the garlic breadcrumbs and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon basil.
5.Preheat the broiler. Divide the shrimp mixture among the roasted tomato halves and top with the cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
You'll also love
- Bacon-Blue Cheese Salad With White... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crawfish Maison 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tuna and Quinoa Wrap 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Frozen Avocado Shake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet and Fiery Grilled Pineapple 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Carrot-Apple-Nut Muffins 5/5 (1 Votes)
- ONION CHIP DIP 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Nordstrom's Tomato Basil Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)