Pasta Shells Recipe, Bacon-Cheese Stuffed
“I make these rich shells for parties or for friends- and I always get rave reviews! It will surely please anyone and even have them asking for the recipe.”
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded Romano cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender.
2. In a large bowl, beat ricotta and 4 ounces cream cheese until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, Parmesan cheese, bacon, 1 tablespoon parsley, garlic salt, nutmeg, pepper and mushroom mixture. Spoon into shells; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
3. In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the cream, broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
4. Stir in Romano cheese and the remaining cream cheese, Asiago and parsley. Pour over shells. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly.