Chef Brian Landry
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup nonpareil capers, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (green and white parts)
- 1 tablespoon chopped curly parsley
- dry crab boil to taste
- 1 pound fresh, peeled crawfish tails
- 1 small head of iceberg lettuce, washed, dried, and cut into thin ribbons
- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and cut into six 1-inch-thick slices
Combine the egg yolks, vinegar, mustard, and lemon juice in a food processor and process for 2 minutes. With the processor running, add the oil slowly in a thin stream and process until emulsified.
Remove to a mixing bowl and gently fold in the capers, scallions, and parsley. Season with dry crab boil. Just before serving, gently fold in the crawfish tails.
Divide the lettuce among 6 servings and top with a slice of tomato. Spoon the crawfish atop the tomato and serve.