Roasted Halibut with Tomato-Mint Sauce
- 6 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
- 4 halibut fillets, about 180 g. each
Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Bring large saucepan of water to boil. Cut an X in the bottom of each tomato. Drop into boiling water for 30 sec. Immediately plunge tomatoes in ice water and peel. Cut into quarters and remove and discard seeds. Finely dice.
Stir all but 1 tbsp. oil with mint, lime juice, onions, garlic, 1/8 tsp. salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in tomatoes.
Sprinkle fish with remaining salt and pepper. Heat frying pan over med-high. Add remaining oil, then halibut, skin-side up. Cook until golden, about 3 mins. Place skin-side down on prepared baking sheet. Roast in centre of oven 7-9 mins. Serve with salsa.
You'll also love
- Quick & Easy Crab Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steak Slice with Lemon and Thyme 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Wine Pear/Applesauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- sauteed green beans with garlic 0/5 (0 Votes)
- tuna zucchini cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil 0/5 (0 Votes)