Potato Bacon Soup, Gluten Free
This hearty soup has bacon and garlic to give it a deep and delicious flavor.
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups chicken stock, or enough to cover potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose gluten free flour (or regular all-purpose flour if you are not eating gluten free)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. Cook the bacon over medium heat until done. Remove bacon from pan, and set aside. Drain off all but 1/4 cup of the bacon grease.
2.In the bacon grease remaining in the pan, saute the celery and onion until onion begins to turn clear. Add the garlic, and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Cube potatoes, put into a large pot, and add enough chicken stock to just cover the potatoes. Cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender. Crumble the bacon and add the sauteed vegetables. Adjust seasonings to taste
3.In a separate pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour. Cook stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the heavy cream and cilantro. Bring the cream mixture to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir the cream mixture into the potato mixture. Adjust seasoning to taste.
You'll also love
- Fried Banana Split 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Country Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Carrot Cake 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Venison Stroganoff 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Sunday Slow Cooker: White Chicken... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Baby Back Ribs in an Instant Pot 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Shake n' Shimmy Pork Chops 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Bacon Bomb 4.5/5 (17 Votes)