Mango-Glazed Salmon With Spinach Salad
Make this "Cook Yourself Thin" recipe.
Calories per serving: 478
- For the salmon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 5 ounces mango nectar
- 2 6-ounce salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick
- For the spinach salad
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 thinly sliced Bosc pear
- Shredded carrots
- Asian bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger (freshly grated)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
1. To make the salmon: Stir together first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until reduced by half. Pour mango mixture through a wire-mesh strainer; discard solids. Return mango mixture to saucepan; keep warm.
2. Place salmon on a rack in a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 5 minutes. Brush fish with half of mango mixture. Broil 3 more minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Spoon remaining mango glaze evenly over fish.
3. To make the spinach salad: Chop the spinach roughly, thinly slice the Bosc pear into strips, shred the carrots on a grater, add bean sprouts and toss in sliced almonds if desired. Lightly toss the ingredients all together in a mixing bowl with the dressing.