NO FAIL KALE SALAD
- Juice of one lemon
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 4 to 6 loosely packed cups kale, preferably flat leaf purple kale - midribs removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup grated Pecorino Toscano cheese (Rossellino variety if you can find it or other flavorful grating cheese, such as Asiago or Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 small loaf ciabatta or other rustic bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (about one cup)
1. In a large serving bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, 4 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and a generous pinch (or more , to taste ( of red pepper flakes. Add the kale and toss well.
2. Add two-thirds of the cheese to the serving bowl and tossagain. Let the salad rest for at least an hour. Yep, an hour--the dressing softens the sturdy kale to give it a more delicate romaine-like texture.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
4. Toss the bread in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil or use garlic-infused olive oil, if you have it. spread the bread cubes on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 7 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and cool on a plate lined with paper towels.
5. After the salad has rested, add the bread cubes, toss the salad again, top with remaining cheese and serve.
You'll also love
- Roast Monkfish in Sake Broth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Emeril’s Simple Grilled Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock pot Layered Dinner: Steak,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Daphne Oz's Banana Oat Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jim's Canned Corned Beef Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gingered Tilapia & Swiss Chard 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Tower of Power Juice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kale, Smoked Sausage, and Potato ... 0/5 (0 Votes)