Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
- 6 or 7 ripe plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp evoo
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Make sure there is a top rack placed in your oven. Turn on the the oven to 400.
2. While the oven is heating, chop tomatoes finely. Put tomatoes, garlic, 1 Tbsp evoo, vinegar in bowl and mix. Add the chopped basil. Add salt and pepper to tast.
3. Sliced the baguette. Toast in the oven for 5-6 min. until the bread just begins to turn golden brown.
4. Align the bread on a serving platter. Either place the tomato topping in a bowl seperately with a spoon or over the bread.