Green Beans with Mushrooms and Crisp Onion Crumbs
Yields about 1 cup of vegetables and 2 tablespoons of crumbs per serving
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
3 points plus
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 3/4 cup(s) dried plain breadcrumbs, panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 Tbsp dehydrated onion flakes, minced
- 3/4 tsp table salt, divided
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked string beans, fresh, trimmed, cut in half
- 1 pound(s) button mushrooms, thinly sliced
o make crumb topping, in a large, deep nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat; add bread crumbs, onion flakes and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until crumbs are lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside; carefully wipe skillet clean.
Coat skillet with cooking spray; place over high heat. Add string beans and mushrooms; sauté until vegetables are lightly browned and tender, about 6 minutes.
Add remaining tablespoon of butter and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to skillet; toss over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is heated through. Transfer vegetables to a serving platter; sprinkle with crumbs. Yields about 1 cup of vegetables and 2 tablespoons of crumbs per serving.
You'll also love
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH GRATIN W/GOAT... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scrumptious Apple Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian Tomato Porkchops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans with Almonds and Bacon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornbread Dressing with Sausage,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thanksgiving green bean casserole... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green beans with caramelized onion 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seasoned Onion Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)