Apricot-Filled Oatmeal Bars
These apricot oatmeal bars are a perfect treat for dessert or even breakfast. Great for a brunch with friends.
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from crisco.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine apricots and water in a small saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat 10 minutes. Remove lid. Cook until apricots are tender and water has evaporated. Add preserves, sugar and almond extract. Stir until preserves melt. Cool to room temperature.
Combine shortening, brown sugar, flour, oats, baking powder and salt in bowl of an electric mixer. Mix at low speed until well blended and crumbly. Press half of mixture in bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Spread apricot filling evenly over crust. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over filling. Press down gently.
Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove pan to cooling rack. Cool slightly. Run spatula around edge of pan to loosen. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack. Cut into bars.
You'll also love
- Oatmeal Raisin White Chip Cookies 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Praline Custards 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Cookies 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Raspberry Almond Bars 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Summer Salsa 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Ricotta, Apricot & Crisp... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- No-Bake Caramel Turtle Cheesecake 4.2/5 (42 Votes)
- Hanukkah Rugelach 4.5/5 (22 Votes)