- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling and very small new white potatoes
- 6 small shallots, peeled
- 2 to 3 sprigs rosemary, plus 1 tablespoon roughly chopped for garnish
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup homemade or low-sodium canned chicken stock
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat the oil and butter over medium-low heat in a large ovenproof skillet. Add onion, and cook until very soft, about 15 minutes. Stir in the potatoes and shallots and half the rosemary; season with salt and pepper. Raise heat to medium-high, and cook until potatoes begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and add remaining rosemary and the stock.
Cover skillet, and transfer to the oven; cook until potatoes are fork-tender, about 10 minutes (timing will vary with size of potatoes). Uncover, and cook until liquid is reduced, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary. Serve warm.