Key Lime Pie
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1.3 cup sugar
- 1 8-inch graham cracker crust
- Cream of tartar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Beat yolks until light and thick.
2. Blend in lime juice, then milk, stirring until mixture thickens.
3. Pour into pie crust.
1. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff
2. Gradually beat in sugar until glossy peaks form
3. Spread egg whites over surface of pies to edges
4. Bake, then chill before serving