beef sirloin tips with smoky pepper sauce
Calories 367, Total Fat (g) 18, Saturated Fat (g) 6, Monounsaturated Fat (g) 9, Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 111, Sodium (mg) 510, Carbohydrate (g) 13, Total Sugar (g) 7, Fiber (g) 2, Protein (g) 36, Vitamin C (DV%) 2.64, Calcium (DV%) 5, Iron (DV%) 21
- 1-1/2 lb. beef sirloin tip steak
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika or paprika
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 12- to 16-oz. jar roasted red and/or yellow sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup hickory- or mesquite-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
Adapted from m.bhg.com
1. Trim meat and cut into 1- to 1-1/2-inch chunks; sprinkle with paprika. In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meat; brown 5 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, drain roasted red peppers, reserving liquid. Cut up roasted peppers. Measure 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid (if needed, add enough water to equal 1/2 cup). Add peppers and the liquid to the skillet. Add barbecue sauce. Cook, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently until sauce is slightly thickened. Return meat to skillet; heat through.
3. Sprinkle with parsley.