20 Minute Mini Meat Loaves
- MOM"S CLASSIC:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup minced bell pepper
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup ketchup mixed with 1 tablespoon water and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- CHIPS 'N' SALSA:
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup each finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup salsa mixed with 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup hoisin or stir-fry sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, diced
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions, finely
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/3 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 hoisin or stir-fry sauce mixed with 2 tablespoons each water and sliced scallions
Choose a meat loaf from above. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Whisk *Liquid* ingredients, 2 large eggs and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl to blend.
Add *Mix-ins* and 1 1/4 pound ground meatloaf mixture (beef, pork and veal) or 1 1/4 pound ground beef. Mix well using hands or a wooden spoon. Form into 4 (5-inch long, 2 1/3-inch wide) loaves on lined pan.
Bake 20 minutes or until cooked through and a meat thermometer inserted in centers registers 160 degrees. Serve with *Sauces*.