Dill Biscuits w/ Honey Butter
- For the Biscuits:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, plus more for brushing
- For the Honey Butter:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Pulse the flour, baking powder, baking soda and fine salt in a food processor. Add the butter and pulse into pea-size pieces. Add the dill, then slowly pulse in the buttermilk until the dough just comes together. Transfer to a floured surface and knead three to five times. Shape into a disk.
Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into rounds with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter or a glass. Reroll any scraps. Place on a baking sheet, brush with buttermilk and bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the honey butter: Mix the butter, honey and sea salt in a bowl until smooth. Serve with the warm biscuits.