Hot Apple Dumplings
Not sure on who this recipe comes from, if you knows who the owner is please let us know so we can give them proper credit
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 canned biscuits (I use Pillsbury buttermilk)
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Adapted from facebook.com
* Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
* Peel, core and slice apples vertically into 8 slices each. Cover with cold water to keep them from getting brown while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
* In a medium saucepan, mix the water, 3/4 cup of the sugar, butter and vanilla over heat and bring mixture to a boil.
* Separate each biscuit in half. Wrap biscuit dough layer around a slice of apple, stretching it to slightly overlap and seal the bottom.
* Place the wrapped slices sealed side down in a 9 X 13 baking pan.
* Pour the hot sugar mixture over the apple slices.
* Mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over the tops of the wrapped apples.
* Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
* Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!