Cranberry Orange Loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in orange zest, cranberries, and pecans. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in orange juice. Beat in flour mixture until just moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the bread springs back when lightly touched. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Wrap in plastic when completely cool.
Can be iced if desired but we like it plain.
You can adjust the orange flavor by adding as much or little orange zest as you like.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (231 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (210 Votes)