Toasted Oatmeal and Berry Granola
- 1/4 c. unsalted pumpkinseed kernels
- 1/4 c. unsalted sunflower seed kernels
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 T canola oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 c. rolled oats
- 1/4 c. toasted wheat germ
- 1/3 c. dried blueberries
- 1/3 c. sweetened dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Place pumpkinseed kernels and sunflower seed kernels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 325° for 5 minutes. Cool seeds in pan on a wire rack.
3. Combine syrup and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl. Stir in toasted kernels, oats, and wheat germ.
4. Spread oat mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven; cool granola in pan on a wire rack. Stir in dried blueberries and dried cranberries. Store in an airtight container.