Penne with Artichokes
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 artichoke hearts, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 1/4 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. penne rigate
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the sliced onion in the olive oil. Add the artichoke hearts. Cook to a pale gold color over high heat, then add the capers and tomatoes, seasoning to taste. Simmer 15-20 minutes over medium heat.
2. Cook the penne rigate until al dente according to package directions in boiling, salted water. Drain and add to the artichoke sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan.