SLOW COOKER MEAL: CHICKEN AND BISCUITS
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 boneless, skniless chicken thighs, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup flour plus 3 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons EVVO
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces, about 2 cups
- 3 ribs of celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 leaves of fresh sage, sliced
- 6 springs of thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 store-bought biscuits
Dredge the chicken pieces in 1/2 cup flour and season with salt and pepper
Heat EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken pieces on all sides.
Place browned chicken, butternut squash, celery, carrots, onion, sage, thyme, 3 tablespoons flour, salt and pepper. Mix to combine then pour in the chicken broth. Cover and cook, undisturbed, 4hours on high or 6 hours on low.
Just before serving, add in the peas, Dijon, mostt of the dill and most of the parsley innto the slow cooker. Mix to combine and warm the peas through.
To serve, place a biscuit in each bowl, spoon the chicken mixture over the biscuits and top with a little more dill and parsley.