- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup horseradish
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound lump blue crabmeat or Dungeness crabmeat, picked free of shells
- 1 large shallot, minced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 heaping cups frisee or escarole, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil and cook the shrimp until pink, about 2 minutes. Cut the shrimp into ½-inch pieces.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the mustard, horseradish, 6 tablespoons of the lemon juice, the chives, 1½ teaspoons of salt, the cayenne and white pepper.
3. In a large bowl, toss the crabmeat with the shrimp and shallot. Add the dressing to taste, reserving any extra for another use. Season the crab mixture to taste with salt.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining 3 tablespoons of lemon juice with the olive oil and orange juice. Add the greens and toss until combined.
5. Divide the crab mixture among 6 plates, using a ring mold to form it, if desired. Layer the radishes and lettuce on top and serve.