Sweet Cherry Surprise Cookies
Pretty covered with cherry pink icing and shredded coconut, these cookies will delight! A surprise bite of Maraschino cherry is at the center of each cookie.
- 1 large jar of Maraschino cherries (no stems) with juice
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from bakinginthesun.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Drain cherries, reserving juice. Pat cherries dry with paper towels. Set aside.
Blend cream cheese, butter, and flour in standing mixer until well mixed. Wrap dough around each cherry., Seal well by rolling in hands after wrapped.
Place on ungreased or parchment covered cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Cookies will not rise.
Bake 13 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
To make icing, mix cherry juice and powdered sugar to desired consistency.
When cool, ice the tops of the cookies and dip in coconut before icing sets.
You'll also love
- Healthy Banana Waffles 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Banana pudding cake 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Brie with Roasted Garlic 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Frozen Chocolate Mousse Squares 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Fresh Corn & Zucchini Cakes 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cherry Almond Streusel Tart 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Carolyn's Oh-So-Easy Cherry Cobbler 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Rugelach 4.4/5 (14 Votes)