Holland House Marsala Sauce
Classic Sauce from the Holland House wine recipe.
- 4 chicken or 4 veal cutlets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup Holland House marsala cooking wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
1. Pound chicken (or veal) until thin.
2. Dredge lightly on both sides with flour.
3. In large skillet, melt butter and saute mushrooms over medium heat until browned, about 10 minutes.
4. Remove and set aside.
5. Add chicken to skillet and cook through, 4 minutes on each side. Remove to serving platter.
6. Return mushrooms to pan, stir in Marsala, water, parsley and rosemary.
7. Heat and pour over chicken.