Grilled Vegetables With Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette
These grilled vegetables with a sesame ginger lime vinaigrette are the perfect summer side dish! For added flavor and color, garnish with fresh cilantro just before serving.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 6 cups sliced vegetables (such as summer squash, bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or grape seed oil
- course sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a medium bowl or blender, combine lime juice, ginger, honey, and chile powder. Whisk, shake or blend, ingredients until combined. Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and whisk, shake or blend to combine. Add sesame oil, plus remaining olive oil if needed. Whisk, shake or blend until oils are incorporated and emulsified.
Preheat a grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, gently toss vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated. Add vegetables to grill and cook, flipping halfway, until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes for denser vegetables. (Tip: Add denser vegetables such as bell peppers and onions to the grill first. After a few minutes add the tender vegetables such as squash and mushrooms).
Arrange vegetables on a long platter. If vinaigrette has separated, whisk, shake or blend to re-emulsify. Drizzle over vegetables and serve immediately.