- SPAGHETTI SAUCE
- 1 lb ground turkey (can also use ground beef or a combination of meat and sausage)
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz. can oregano, basil, garlic diced tomatoes, undrained (I used unsalted)
- 1 14.5 oz. can oregano, basil, garlic diced tomatoes, drained and pureed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Season generously with garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, parsley and Italian seasoning.
- NOODLE MIXTURE
- 12 oz. thin spaghetti
- 5 oz. cream cheese, softened & broken into cubes
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce mixture
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 40mins
Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground meat until almost done.
Add in onions & cook for until tender and then add minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
Drain meat mixture and return to heat.
Add in tomato sauce, undrained dice tomatoes and the puree diced tomatoes.
Stir in chicken broth and brown sugar.
Let sauce simmer for 30-45 minutes or until liquid is reduced and sauce thickens.
Season generously with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
Taste, taste, taste after each seasoning until the sauce tastes perfect!
Set aside on a back burner over low heat to keep warm.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Break thin spaghetti noodles in half and cook until al dente about 6-7 minutes. Do not overcook.
Drain pasta and return to pot.
Immediately stir in cream cheese until noodles are coated.
Stir in cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Stir in 2 cups of the spaghetti sauce.
Spray a deep dish pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
Place the spaghetti mixture into the pie plate and pack down firmly.
Cover the top with a mixture of parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Serve topped with the homemade spaghetti sauce.