Slow cooked French beef burgundy
- 2 1/2 lbs stew meat, cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 12 baby onions, peeled
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard, country style
Adapted from bing.com
Shake beef in bag with flour, salt and pepper.
In large skillet, brown meat in butter, then transfer to the slow cooker.
Add chopped onions, garlic, wine, broth, thyme and basil to the skillet. Bring to a boil, then simmer for a few minutes to reduce the liquid by half, then transfer to the slow cooker.
Cook for 6 hours on low, or until the meat is tender.
Add whole onions and cook 30 minutes or until tender.
Stir in mushrooms.
Cook 10 minutes.
Mix in mustard.
Serve on bed of noodles if desired.