Peaches & Cream Cake
Peaches and Cream are a great combination, its even better when you combine it in a cake.
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen sliced peaches, thawed and drained
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- 2 tablespoons peach-flavored liqueur
- 2 to 4 tablespoons whipping cream or milk
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 145mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease or spray bottoms only of two 8- or 9-inch round cake pans. Reserve 8 peach slices for garnish; cover and refrigerate. In blender or food processor, place remaining peaches. Cover; blend until pureed. Reserve 1/4 cup blended peaches for filling; cover and refrigerate.
In large bowl, beat remaining blended peaches, the cake mix, oil, 1/4 cup whipping cream and the eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pans.
Bake 8-inch rounds 31 to 36 minutes, 9-inch rounds 26 to 33 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; carefully remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
In small bowl, stir reserved 1/4 cup blended peaches and 1/4 cup peach preserves until blended. Set aside for filling.
In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter, liqueur and just enough of the 2 to 4 tablespoons whipping cream with spoon or electric mixer on low speed until smooth and spreadable.
Place 1 cake layer, rounded side down, on serving plate. Spread peach filling over layer to within 1/4 inch of edge. Top with second layer, rounded side up. Frost side and top of cake with frosting.
In small bowl, stir 3 tablespoons peach preserves; carefully spoon preserves around top edge of cake, allowing some to drizzle down side. Just before serving, cut reserved peach slices lengthwise in half; place on top of cake. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Citrus Tiramisu 4.7/5 (27 Votes)
- Raspberry Cheesecake Mousse 4.7/5 (27 Votes)
- Brown Sugar & Black Tea Roll-out... 4.7/5 (27 Votes)
- Cheesecake Fruit Dip 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Apple-Spice Cupcakes with Maple... 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Sour Cream Apple Cake 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Peaches in Moscadello With Boozy... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Double Crusted Peach Cobbler 5/5 (3 Votes)