- 4 cups uncooked elbow
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- and chopped
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, celery, green pepper, carrot, pimentos and macaroni. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.