Apple Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Bars with Browned Butter Frosting
The recipe title says it all 'Apple Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Bars with Browned Butter Frosting' nuff said! Enjoy! I know you will.
- SUGAR COOKIES:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 95mins
Adapted from recipechatter.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13×8-inch baking sheet and set aside.
In a mixer, combine butter and sugar and mix on medium until creamy. Mix in eggs one at a time, making sure to mix well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Blend in flour mixture on low until completely incorporated. Stir in cinnamon and apples.
Spread bars onto prepared sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting, cook butter in a small saucepan over medium heat stirring constantly for about 8 to 10 minutes or until butter starts to turn a golden brown color. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate butter for an hour or until it begins to solidify.
In a mixer, beat butter until smooth. Carefully add powdered sugar alternately with the milk beginning and ending with the powdered sugar. When frosting is a spreadable consistency, stir in vanilla. Spread frosting over cooled sugar cookie bars.
You'll also love
- Banana Cream Delight 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Lemon Cake Pie with Blueberry... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Pineapple Daiquiri 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Nanny's Thanksgiving Dressing 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Indian Style Rice 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Gummy Bear Popsicles 4/5 (62 Votes)
- Pineapple Sunshine Cake 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Orange Sweet Rolls with Orange... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)