Vegan Blackberry Ice Cream
- 2 1/2cups2 1/2 cups blackberries
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups unrefined vegan granulated sugar
- 1can1 can coconut milk
- 1/21/2 vanilla pod
Adapted from marcussamuelsson.com
1. If using freshly picked blackberries thoroughly wash the blackberries sorting through them to ensure there are no thorny bits etc. If using store bought just give them a rinse.
2. Using a knife split the vanilla pod and remove the seeds.
3. Put all the ingredients into the blender and whizz until completely smooth.
4. Strain the whole lot through a muslin cloth - remember, patience is a virtue, or so I'm told.
5. Transfer to a tupperware container (enough to hold 800ml) and freeze. You can, if you wish, periodically stir it but I personally think it creates more ice-crystals rather than lessening them. If you have an ice-cream maker you are one lucky duck and your ice-cream should be creamy smooth. (Process according to manufacturer's instructions.)
I froze mine for just over a day - let it defrost slightly before serving. Enjoy!