Banana Cheesecake Bars with Golden Oreo Crust
- 25 Golden Oreos
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 medium bananas (or 1 large), peeled (it's best if it's a "tired" or brown spotted banana, but not too spotty!)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1-3.4 ounce size box instant banana pudding
- Caramel ice cream topping, for serving
Adapted from crazyforcrust.com
1.Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x9” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2.Crush Golden Oreos in a food processor until they are a fine crumb. Mix with melted butter and press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
3.Beat cream cheese, banana, and sour cream with a stand mixer until smooth. Beat in sugar, vanilla, eggs, and flour. Stir in pudding.
4.Pour cheesecake mixture over prepared crust. Bake for 33-35 minutes, until the edges turn golden. It will still jiggle a little in the center, but it will set as it cools. Cool to room temperature on the counter, and then chill until set, overnight (or at least 4 hours). Slice into bars and serve with caramel sauce and/or whipped cream.