Bisquick Sausage Ball Appetizers
These sausage balls are a favorite recipe year round -- you could even serve them for breakfast!
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix, measured out to exactly 3 cups
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic, about 1 large clove, can use more
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream, or 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional or to taste, or can use Tabasco sauce
- Seasoning salt, optional, can use white salt
Adapted from pinterest.com
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line a large baking sheet with foil, then spray lightly with cooking spray.
In a large bowl mix the Bisquick baking mix with uncooked sausage meat, parsley, garlic shredded cheese, Parmesan cheese, half and half (or milk) pinch dried rosemary and black pepper.
Using clean hands mix until well combined.
Season with cayenne and salt (if using).
Shape into about 1-inch balls and place onto the baking sheet.
At this point you can freeze them on a tray then place into ziploc bags to bake later.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until browned. If frozen, you'll need to cook them longer, about 35 minutes.
Remove from pan and place on a serving platter with a toothpick inserted.