PB & J Cookies with Honey-Roasted Peanuts
This is a unique recipe for yummy cookies inspired by the sandwich of the same name. Directions are included for both soft and crispy versions.
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup jam, jelly, or fruit spread
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats, or grease generously with butter or cooking spray.
Using a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and peanut butter in a large bowl on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
Add both sugars and beat about 30 seconds, until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt on low speed until thoroughly combined. Stir in the peanuts. The dough will be soft.
Using a 1 3/4 inch scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between cookies. (They will puff and spread as they bake).
Make a small indentation in the middle of each cookie with the end of a wooden spoon. Put 1/4 teaspoon of jam in each indentation.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until the cookies are golden around the edges. For a crisper cookie, remove from the oven once they are golden brown all over.
Let cookies cool on the baking sheets about 10 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
You'll also love
- Simple Crockpot Beef Stew 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- 7 Day Diet Fat Burning Cabbage... 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Paula's Easy Christmas Sugar Cookie 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie -... 4.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Gluten Free Double Chocolate... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Sesame Quinoa Spring Rolls 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Football Field Dessert 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Soft Almond Sugar Cookies 4.6/5 (32 Votes)