Homemade: Catalina Dressing
I love making homemade salad dressings because they’re just so darn easy to make and you almost always have the ingredients on hand to make them on a whim. Which means, you don’t have to run to the grocery store to pick up a bottle of dressing when you need it.
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup sugar OR light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar OR white distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil OR salad/vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Adapted from kitchensimplicity.com
Place first 6 ingredients in a food processor or blender (or use a handheld blender) and process until smooth. Add the oil in a steady stream with the machine running until the mixture comes together in an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
*If you are using onion powder instead of chopped onion you could also shake this up in a jar with a tightly sealed lid.