Cranberry Orange Juice Bread
This sweet and tangy Cranberry Orange Juice Bread does double duty as a dessert or breakfast favorite. The light sprinkling of turbinado sugar on top creates a crunchy crust that gives way to an incredibly moist bread studded with fresh cranberries.
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, rinsed and thoroughly dried
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from justataste.com
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
In a small bowl, combine the beaten egg with the orange juice and vanilla extract.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the pieces of butter to the flour, blending the ingredients together with your fingers until the mixture becomes the consistency of wet sand.
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and then stir in the cranberries. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the top with the Turbinado sugar (optional).
Bake the bread for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let the bread cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
You'll also love
- Peach Bourbon Upside-Down Cake 4.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Avocado Egg Salad 4.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Lemon Cranberry Cookies 4.2/5 (62 Votes)
- Lemon Bars 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcake 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Strawberry Scones 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Bethenny's Boo Boo Banana Bread 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Chicken Trinidad with Orange Rum... 5/5 (2 Votes)